Paystack’s mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
Within a little over 2 years, our close-knit team has introduced a steady cadence of innovations within the Nigerian system, such as automated recurring payments, the ability for customers to pay with only a bank account, automated chargebacks, and much more. We process well over $10 million in transactions monthly, and our double digit growth has us processing even more every month.
At Paystack, we believe that we will win by recruiting talented people and giving them the space, resources, and support to do the best work of their lives. We hire the most capable people, treat them with genuine respect, and give them the means to succeed. And we’d love your help!
About the Product Partnerships Manager Role
As the Product Partnerships Manager at Paystack, your primary responsibility is to execute strategic projects that involve partners such as local card schemes, acquiring and issuing banks, local regulating bodies and more.
To succeed in this role, you must be a product-minded business development leader with excellent people management skills. You must be empathic enough to care about how your work affects our merchants, their customers, and the rest of the company. You must actively enjoy figuring out solutions where there is no playbook, thrive while working under minimal supervision, and adaptable enough to take on new functions as the need arises.
We’ve pioneered a new era of simple, powerful technology tools for businesses in Africa, and as we prepare for a period of accelerated growth, we’re looking to you to help execute some of the most important payments product and business development initiatives in the company, on behalf of our portfolio of some of the performing businesses on the continent.
And you’ll do all this while working extremely closely with a tight-knit team of creative problem solvers who’ll value you, give you the opportunity to meet high expectations, and who’ll actively create a supportive, nurturing space within which to accelerate your career.
This is a full-time role is based in Paystack’s headquarters in Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria and you’ll report directly to the Product Partnerships Lead.
What you’ll be doing
As the Product Partnerships Manager, you will:
- Execute strategic projects that involve partners such as local card schemes, acquiring and issuing banks, local regulating bodies and more
- Develop new partnerships to support additional payment methods on Paystack
- Support internal teams by serving as a payments domain expert and act as a liaison between Paystack and product partners
- Represent Paystack in high value negotiations as well as industry events
- You should have extensive experience in the payments space
- Proven background in negotiating deals
- Strong product instinct and ability to identify opportunities for Paystack to leverage partners’ existing and in-development products, as well as the ability to collaborate with internal teams to build world-class features for our users
- Strong collaboration and relationship building skills. Ability to influence senior stakeholders across organizations and borders.
- Ability to prioritize competing demands while working on complex problems
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and drive towards an optimal outcome